Aged and Disability Care
RURAL & REMOTE HOME CARE SERVICES
Based in Ravenshoe
3 Bolton St (access from Ascham St)
Rural & Remote Home Care Services
- Based in Ravenshoe
- Servicing 64,000 kms across FNQ
- Phone: 07 40977242
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office is staffed Monday to Friday from 8.30am - 1.30pm
- We answer messages promptly
This program is proud of 25 years of service across Far North Queensland.
- Home care services
- Day-based respite activities
- Access to some allied health services, such as podiatry.
- Eligible people living in towns of the Atherton Tablelands and surrounds: Julatten, Dimbulah, Chillagoe, Irvinebank, Herberton, Ravenshoe Millaa Millaa, Malanda, Mt Garnet, Silver Valley, Innot Hot Springs Croydon, Georgetown and Mt Surprise
- Assessed by the HACC team -
- From 1/7/15, the Regional Assessment team - 1800 200 4221800 200 422 FREE
- MyAgedCare website
Rural & Remote is auspiced by the Ravenshoe Community Centre Inc.
Can we help you?
- Stay at home
- Live independently in your community
- Make your life what you want
- Assessment by Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Our trained workers can visit you at home
How we can help:
- House cleaning
- Person care (including bathing and dressing)
- Social support if you're feeling isolated
- Lawn mowing vouchers
FEES: The government advises Rural & Remote to charge a small fee. You can advise us if you are in financial hardship and a minimum charge will apply or we will talk with you about fees
Find out if you're eligible
- OPTION A: Over 65 or Over 50 and indigenous
- OPTION B: Under 65 or Under 50 and indigenous
Ravenshoe Social Group
Our Respite Centre is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 8.00a.m. to 4.00p.m. approx.
Our focus currently is on outings. We go out for picnics, barbeques, country drives, visits to opportunity shops and bargain centres.
When we spend the day in the Centre we have a monthly theme day, exploring the culture, food, language, fun facts and more from different countries, music days with guest musicians and house concerts. There are craft activities, television, movies, games, jigsaws and other activities to help participants enjoy their day.
A podiatrist and acupuncturist visit once a month and a hairdresser comes once every six weeks..
Our fees are $12 for a day in the Centre or around Ravenshoe and $18 for an outing away from Ravenshoe. Fees will increase to $15.00 for centre based activity and $20.00 for outings from January 2017. Our policy is never to deny service to clients if it is not possible for them to pay the fee. We wish our clients to have a happy day of fellowship and fun and we hope that this gives any carers a day of respite to do their own thing.
Every second Friday (pension weeks) We do an Atherton Shopping trip with the bus leaving Mt Garnet at 8.30, Ravenshoe at 10.00. We are back in Ravenshoe at 3.00 and Mt Garnet at 4.00. Cost is $7 and you must be enrolled as a Rural and Remote client to qualify for this trip.
You can call the Ravenshoe Respite Centre/Seniors Social Club on 07 4097 7998 or email email@example.com The centre is located at 17 Moore St. Ravenshoe.